How to email payslip notifications
This article explains how to notify your employees that their payslips are available to view in FreeAgent.
Once you’ve enabled payroll notifications in your payroll settings and each employee’s payroll profile, your employees will each receive an email with a link to their payslip in FreeAgent after you’ve filed payroll to HMRC.
Please note that:
- you’ll need full (level 8) access to FreeAgent to enable payroll notifications in your payroll settings and each employee’s payroll profile
- if you update an employee’s email address in their payroll profile, it will update the email address that they use to log in to FreeAgent in their user profile, and vice versa
- your employees will need level 2 access or above to view their payslips
- payslip notifications will not be sent to employees when corrections are made for a previous tax year
- you cannot view payslips on the FreeAgent mobile app
1. Enable payslip notifications in your payroll settings
Select ‘Settings’ from the drop-down menu in the top-right corner and then select ‘Payroll’ in the ‘Accounting, Tax & VAT’ section.
Tick the ‘Enable payslip notifications’ checkbox and select ‘Save Changes’ at the bottom of the screen.
2. Check that the employee's email address is correct and enable payslip notifications in their payroll profiles
Next, you’ll need to navigate to each employee’s payroll profile in FreeAgent and check that their email address is correct. The email address will be automatically populated from the employee’s user profile.
Please note that if you change the email address, it will update the email address that they use to log in to FreeAgent in their user profile, and vice versa.
Tick the ‘Enable payslip notifications’ checkbox and select ‘Update Payroll Profile’ at the bottom of the screen to complete the process.
If an employee doesn’t want to receive an email notification when their payslip is ready to view in FreeAgent, leave the ‘Enable payslip notifications’ checkbox unticked.
What happens next?
When you successfully file payroll to HMRC every month, including payroll filed in bulk, each employee who has payslip notifications enabled will receive an email to let them know that their payslip is available to view in FreeAgent.