An introduction to the Tax Timeline on the FreeAgent mobile app
This article explains how FreeAgent’s Tax Timeline works on the FreeAgent mobile app and how you can use it to manage your tax obligations.
Please note that:
- you’ll need level 7 access or above in FreeAgent to see the Tax Timeline. You’ll also need level 7 access to view the Tax Timeline in the Mettle app, if you’re a Mettle user.
- if the dates in FreeAgent don’t match those on record with Companies House or HMRC, the actual filing and payment dates might be different.
- it’s not possible to use the FreeAgent mobile app to file or mark as filed, a tax return from the Tax Timeline.
- any changes you make using the FreeAgent mobile app will be reflected in the desktop version of FreeAgent.
- if you view your Self Assessment tax liability in FreeAgent before the figures for the tax year in question have been updated, the liability you see won’t take into account HMRC’s latest rates and thresholds. During this time, FreeAgent provides a projection of your Self Assessment liability using the rates and thresholds from the previous tax year. Once FreeAgent has updated its Self Assessment figures for the tax year in question, a more up-to-date liability calculation will be available.
How to access the Tax Timeline
Tap the ‘Tax Timeline’ card on the mobile app home screen.
How to mark an item as paid or unpaid
To mark a tax liability as paid, select the three dots to the right of the item and select ‘Mark as paid’ from the drop-down menu.
You can also mark a tax liability as paid from the bottom of the tax return page itself using the desktop version of FreeAgent.
To mark an item as unpaid, select the three dots to the right of the item and select ‘Mark as unpaid’ from the drop-down menu.
How to filter the Tax Timeline
You can filter the Tax Timeline to view ‘All’, ‘Upcoming’ or ‘Paid/Filed’ items to help you get a more focused view of the tax obligations for you and the business and prioritise upcoming tasks.
If you have an iOS device, use the drop-down menu in the top-right to select the relevant option.
If you have an Android device, select the relevant option at the top of the Tax Timeline.