How to change the default VAT return period length
This article explains how to set and change the default VAT return lengths in FreeAgent.
Set the default VAT return period length in setup
When you log in to your FreeAgent account for the first time, you’ll be taken through a four-step setup journey.
Step three of this journey asks you to fill in your VAT settings. Select one of the three options from the default VAT period lengths section; monthly, quarterly or yearly.
Changing the default VAT return length
If you have previously selected an option during set up but want to change it later, just follow these steps:
1 Navigate to Settings and select ‘VAT Registration’
Select 'Settings' from the drop-down menu in the top-right corner and then select 'VAT Registration'.
2 Select the new default VAT return length
Next, select your new VAT return length - either monthly, quarterly or yearly. However, please be aware that changing this setting won’t affect historical VAT returns, only future VAT returns.
For more about changing your VAT settings, check out our article on making changes to your VAT settings.
I need help with…View all categories →
Articles in this section
- How to review a VAT return
- How to edit your VAT return details
- How to change the default VAT return period length
- How to make corrections in a VAT locked period
- How to change your VAT Flat Rate Scheme details mid-quarter
- How to adjust boxes 1 and 4 of your VAT return
- How to adjust boxes 6 to 9 of your VAT return