How to export or print your VAT return in FreeAgent
This article explains how to export or print a VAT return in FreeAgent.
First, navigate to the 'Taxes' tab and select ‘VAT’.
Next, select the VAT return that you would like to export or print from the list.
Alternatively, select a VAT return from the ‘Statement of Account’ drop-down menu.
From either the 'Preview' or 'Full Report' tab of your selected VAT return, select ‘Export’ and then choose either ‘VAT Return (PDF)’ or 'Full Report (XLSX)'. This will export either a preview version of your VAT return as a PDF file or the full report as an XLSX file to a location on your computer or device. To print the return, access the downloaded file from its saved location and print it from there.
You also have the option to print your VAT return directly from your internet browser. Choose either the ‘Preview’ or ‘Full Report’ tab and then select the print option from your internet browser drop-down menu. Alternatively, you can use the ‘print’ keyboard shortcut on your computer to print the VAT return. For PC users, the shortcut is ‘Ctrl + p’. For Mac users, the shortcut is ‘cmd + p’.
I need help with…View all categories →
Articles in this section
- How to prepare for Making Tax Digital (MTD) for VAT in FreeAgent
- How to set up the Making Tax Digital (MTD) for VAT connection in FreeAgent
- How to reconnect to HMRC for Making Tax Digital (MTD) for VAT
- How to enter your initial VAT settings in FreeAgent
- What’s the difference between costs that are zero-rated, exempt and out of scope for VAT?
- How to apply the fuel scale charge in FreeAgent
- How FreeAgent uses the deferred VAT account
- How FreeAgent supports the VAT Flat Rate Scheme (FRS)
- How to apply the temporary VAT rate to purchases
- How to apply the temporary VAT rate to sales