How to hide a user in your FreeAgent account
This article explains how to hide a user in your FreeAgent account.
Please note that:
- You'll need level 7 access or above to your FreeAgent account to hide a user
- a user can't be hidden if they're either the account owner or are currently being reported on the company's payroll
- hidden users can still log into the FreeAgent account unless their access level is reduced to zero
You can't delete a user if you've ever recorded transactions against that user, for example an expense or salary. This is because we need to keep your historical accounting figures intact.
However, if a user is no longer part of your company, you can hide them to stop them appearing as an option in your account every time you allocate a payment. You can restore a hidden user at any time.
How to hide a user
Select 'Settings' from the drop-down menu in the top-right corner and then select 'Users'.
Select the name of the user that you wish to hide.
Change the 'Status' option from 'Active' to 'Hidden' and make sure the user's permission level is set to zero.
Select 'Save Changes' at the bottom of the screen to complete the process.
You can view all hidden users by selecting the 'Hidden' filter on the 'Users' page. Selecting the user's name will allow you to change their status at any time.
I need help with…View all categories →
Articles in this section
- How to add and edit your business's details
- How to add, change or delete your business's logo
- How to add a new user to your FreeAgent account
- How to edit a user
- How verified sender emails work in FreeAgent
- How to find your FreeAgent subdomain
- How to hide a user in your FreeAgent account
- How to delete a user
- How to authorise FreeAgent to send emails from your business address