This article outlines some limitations that you might encounter when you begin using your FreeAgent account.
If you’ve set up your FreeAgent account but haven’t verified your email address, there will be temporary limitations to what you can do in FreeAgent. Some limitations will also apply if you’re using FreeAgent within a free trial period. Please find more details on both scenarios below.
Unverified email address limitations
When you sign up for a FreeAgent account, you’ll receive an email asking you to verify your email address.
Until you’ve verified your email address by following the instructions in the email, you won’t be able to complete the following tasks in FreeAgent:
- Create email templates. This includes creating email templates for new invoices, invoice reminders, overdue invoices and thank you emails for paid invoices.
- Verify sender email addresses or add a custom email domain to authorise FreeAgent to send emails from your business address.
- Send emails from FreeAgent. This includes sending an estimate, invoice or statement of account to a customer.
- Manage email subscriptions. This includes the ‘Monday Motivator’, ‘Bounced email notifications’ and ‘New Admin-To-Do list item push notifications’.
- Invite new users to set their password to log in.
- Authorise third party applications via the FreeAgent API.
- Set up a third-party provider bank feed for a non-UK bank.
- Export all data, attachments and files in your FreeAgent account.
Once you’ve verified your email address, you’ll be able to complete all of the above tasks.
Limitations during a free trial period
When you sign up for a ‘direct’ subscription to FreeAgent (i.e. your FreeAgent account is not provided by your bank or accountant), you automatically begin a 30-day free trial. During the 30-day trial period, the following limitations will apply to your account:
- Estimates and invoices can only be emailed to two email addresses for a customer. This does not include your own email address in order to send a ‘copy to sender’.
- A maximum of 12 invoices can be emailed in a 24-hour period. You’ll receive an email to alert you when you are close to the sending limit. Please note that if you exceed this limit, your access will be blocked for one hour and you’ll be directed to this article. Please wait one hour before trying to access your FreeAgent account again.
Once you subscribe to FreeAgent, the above limitations will no longer apply. You can subscribe to FreeAgent at any point during the 30-day trial period by selecting ‘Billing’ from the drop-down menu at the top right of the screen and following the instructions to add payment details. We’ll add the remaining days of the trial to the next subscription due date.