This article explains how to synchronise the FreeAgent Tax Timeline with your Google, Outlook or iCal calendar.
The FreeAgent Tax Timeline displays a live projection of how much money you owe to HMRC and when you owe it, so you’ll know how much to set aside for tax bills. You can export the details of your tax deadlines into your Google, Outlook or iCal calendar by following these steps.
To start, select 'Connections' from the drop-down menu and select 'Manage Calendar Feeds'.
Then select the 'Enable access' button in the 'Calendar feed status' area.
Right-click on 'Tax Timeline' in the ‘iCal timeline feeds’ area and select ‘Copy link address’.
Linking your Tax Timeline to your Google, Outlook or iCal calendar will import your upcoming tax deadlines into your calendar. As new deadlines come up, your calendar will be automatically updated with the details.
Linking to a Google calendar
- Open your Google calendar
- Navigate to the ‘Other Calendars’ drop-down menu, then select 'Create new calendar'
- Select ‘From URL’ and paste the Tax Timeline link address into the text box
- Finally, select ‘Add calendar’
Linking to an iCal calendar
- Open your iCal calendar
- Navigate to ‘File’
- Select ‘New Calendar Subscription’
- Then, paste the Tax Timeline link address into the text box
- To finish, select ‘Subscribe’
Linking to an Outlook calendar
- Open your Outlook calendar
- Navigate to ‘Import calendar’
- Select 'From web'
- Paste the Tax Timeline link address into 'Link to the calendar', create a 'Calendar name' and finally, select 'Import'.
How the Tax Timeline works
Please be aware that the Tax Timeline is a calendar overview of important dates in the tax year, and it won't update automatically when you file a return or pay a bill. Entries in the Tax Timeline will remain until the due date passes.