How to see the Tax Timeline in your calendar
This article explains how to synchronise the FreeAgent Tax Timeline with your Google, Outlook or iCal calendar.
The ‘Tax Timeline’ panel on the Overview screen is a calendar overview of the important tax dates and payments for you and your business, so you’ll know how much to set aside for tax bills. You can export the details of your tax deadlines into your Google, Outlook or iCal calendar by following these steps.
Please note that:
you need level 7 access or above in FreeAgent to see the Tax Timeline
- you can choose how often to refresh iCal feeds but other feeds may take 24 hours or more to refresh
- the tax timeline calendar feed only includes business tax liabilities and doesn't include personal tax liabilities such as Self Assessment
1. Enable the calendar feed
Navigate to the drop-down menu at the top-right of the screen and select ‘Connections & Add-ons’.
Select 'Learn more' in the 'Calendar feeds' section.
Then select 'Enable calendar feeds'.
A message will confirm that calendar feeds have been enabled on your FreeAgent account.
2. Download the Tax Timeline
Select ‘Copy Link’ next to the 'Tax Timeline' link.
3. Link the Tax Timeline to your calendar
Linking your Tax Timeline to your Google, Outlook or iCal calendar will import your upcoming tax deadlines into your calendar. As new deadlines come up, your calendar will be automatically updated with the details.
Linking to a Google calendar
- Open your Google calendar
- Select the '+' button beside ‘Other Calendars’, then select 'Create new calendar' from the drop-down menu
- Select ‘From URL’ and paste the Tax Timeline link address into the text box
- To complete the process, select ‘Add calendar’
Linking to an iCal calendar
- Open your iCal calendar
- Navigate to ‘File’
- Select ‘New Calendar Subscription’ from the drop-down menu
- Paste the Tax Timeline link address into the text box
- To complete the process, select ‘Subscribe’
Linking to an Outlook calendar
- Open your Outlook calendar
- Navigate to ‘Import calendar’
- Select 'From web' from the drop-down menu
- Paste the Tax Timeline link address into 'Link to the calendar' and create a 'Calendar name'
- To complete the process, select 'Import'
How the Tax Timeline works
The items on the Tax Timeline will automatically update when something has been filed, marked as filed or paid off. You can also complete an item directly from the Tax Timeline. Find out more about the Tax Timeline.