This article explains how to synchronise the FreeAgent Tax Timeline with your Google, Outlook or iCal calendar.
The FreeAgent Tax Timeline displays a live projection of how much money you owe to HMRC and when you owe it, so you’ll know how much to set aside for tax bills. You can export the details of your tax deadlines into your Google, Outlook or iCal calendar by following these steps.
1. Enable the calendar feed
Navigate to the drop-down menu in the top-right hand corner of the screen and select 'Connections'.
Select 'Manage calendar feeds'.
Then select 'Enable calendar feeds'.
A message will confirm that calendar feeds have been enabled on your FreeAgent account.
2. Download the Tax Timeline
Select ‘Copy Link’ next to the 'Tax Timeline' link.
3. Link the Tax Timeline to your calendar
Linking your Tax Timeline to your Google, Outlook or iCal calendar will import your upcoming tax deadlines into your calendar. As new deadlines come up, your calendar will be automatically updated with the details.
Linking to a Google calendar
- Open your Google calendar
- Select the '+' button beside ‘Other Calendars’, then select 'Create new calendar' from the drop-down menu
- Select ‘From URL’ and paste the Tax Timeline link address into the text box
- To complete the process, select ‘Add calendar’
Linking to an iCal calendar
- Open your iCal calendar
- Navigate to ‘File’
- Select ‘New Calendar Subscription’ from the drop-down menu
- Paste the Tax Timeline link address into the text box
- To complete the process, select ‘Subscribe’
Linking to an Outlook calendar
- Open your Outlook calendar
- Navigate to ‘Import calendar’
- Select 'From web' from the drop-down menu
- Paste the Tax Timeline link address into 'Link to the calendar' and create a 'Calendar name'
- To complete the process, select 'Import'
How the Tax Timeline works
Please be aware that the Tax Timeline is a calendar overview of important dates in the tax year, and it won't update automatically when you file a return or pay a bill. Entries in the Tax Timeline will remain until the due date passes.